October 23, 2014, 12:19:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Show comments and add comments  (Read 76698 times)
Ivo007

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2007, 07:43:53 PM »

Hi everyone

how can i configure easycomments so:
a) comments are always shown without clicking on the link " There are 2 comments for this article. Click here to add a comment"

or

b) Devide the "There are 2 comments for this article. Click here to add a comment" link in "Show comments" and "Add comment" Option?

I don`t want that when users click and just want to read the comments the comment form appears.Perfect would be if the comments are always shown on the bottom of the news post

Thanks
Ivo
Adam
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 11:24:43 PM »

but loading all comments on the blog page (where that link appears) would render a page unreadable in my opinion.

On your second proposal, where would those links lead? The only place they can lead is the read more link from Joomla right?

- Joomla developer -

IMPORTANT: Do not send support requests by PM or email. Post on the forum instead so my answer might benefit others as well.
Ivo007

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 01:12:50 PM »

i agree. thats why the option b) would perfect match all the needs. the first link would show you the comments, like it is now just without the add comment form. then if the visitor still wants to add a comment he would click on another link that opens the add comment form. all could be implemented in the easycomment component, don`t you think?

i think the new comments form makes the comment page appear overloaded.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 01:17:13 PM by Ivo007 » Logged
Adam
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 01:36:42 PM »

will see what I can do Smiley

- Joomla developer -

IMPORTANT: Do not send support requests by PM or email. Post on the forum instead so my answer might benefit others as well.
dhumphris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »

Hi,
I'm just testing your easy comment component and it looks good. I'd like it if the link mentioned in this thread is also shown differently. Even just:

"There are 4 comments for this article. Read/Add a comment."

That would make more sense to users.

Doug
Adam
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 10:19:17 PM »

You can easily change that in the language file if you like Smiley

- Joomla developer -

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: